January 8, 2020
ROLLING AT RIYUE BAY
- It's early days at Riyue Bay, but the action is starting to heat up at the Corona Open China hosted by Wanning.
- Veterans Joan Duru, Patty Gudauskas and Keanu Asing have all gotten their 2020 campaigns off to a strong start, acing their respective heats at the QS 5,000.
- But keep an eye out for the rising stars like New Zealand's Kehu Butler and Mexico's Jhony Corzo.
- Tune into WorldSurfLeague.com for more from China.
SURFER MAG GOES ULTRA CORE
- Surfer Magazine has just launched a new show called "The Ultra Core Surf Hour with Jonathan Wayne Freeman."
- Capitalizing on Freeman's sardonic Instagram personality, the first episode just went live today.
- A six-part series, new episodes will drop every Wednesday.
- For a good time, head over to Surfer.com.
WEIRD WAVES SEASON 2
- Dylan Graves is at it again with Season 2 of Vans' award winning series ‘Weird Waves'.
- In the first episode, Dylan tempts fate in Alaska by surfing the waves created by falling glaciers.
- Head over to Vans' YouTube channel and prepare to have your mind blown.
IRISH SLAB SCORE
- The U.K.'s Andrew Cotton just scored the rare Irish slab known as Prowlers.
- Filmer Mikey Corker captured Cottie and friends charging the remote big-wave spot for a new film titled Savage Waters.
- Looks like there's some energy brewing in the North Atlantic for next week, hopefully Cotton and crew score some more cold-water kegs.