January 10, 2020
PATTY G SHINES IN CHINA
- The surf came alive yesterday for the Corona Open China hosted by Wanning.
- Taking full advantage of conditions at Riyue Bay, a reinvigorated Patty Gudauskas fired it up with the performance of the day, earning himself a spot in the Quarters.
- Also worth noting, Team Japan made all kinds of noise and now has more surfers left in the event than any other country.
- Obviously with the Olympics coming to Tokyo this summer, this is a big year for Japanese surfing, and in the first QS of the year they clearly mean business.
NASA CALLS SLATER
- Earth to Kelly...Earth to Kelly…
- The GOAT spent an hour today talking to NASA Astronaut Christina Koch up in the International Space Station.
- They went deep on scouting secret surf spots from the upper atmosphere and more...
- For the full conversation go to NASA.gov.
COFFIN ON THE LINEUP
- Conner Coffin just sat down for a conversation on "The Lineup with Dave Prodan."
- They delve into his love affair with the Queen of the Coast…
- The stylistic influences that local legends like Tom Curren and Bobby Martine have had on him…
- And when he plans to drop his first studio album.
- Listen on WorldSurfLeague.com or wherever you get your podcasts.
TOM SACHS LEARNS TO SURF
- Learning to surf ain't easy.
- That's what New York-based artist Tom Sachs' new film, "How To Learn How To Surf," illustrates.
- It follows a group of bad surfers on the long and painful road to becoming … well ... OK surfers.
- Shot in Bali and directed by Van Neistat in partnership with Hurley, you can watch the full cut on TomSachs.com