January 17, 2020
THE QS RETURNS TO HAWAII
- Because you can never have too much Hawaii comp action, the QS is taking us back to the Islands.
- The waiting period for the Sunset Open, a QS 1,000, kicks off tomorrow where Cody Young will look to defend his 2019 win.
- Looking at the Surfline forecast, there's a potential swell lining up for the second half of next week that could push surf into the 10- to 15-foot zone.
- And when Sunset wraps -- we're heading down the Kam Highway to Pipeline.
- The upcoming Volcom Pipe Pro will see 2020 CT rookie Jack Robinson looking to defend his.
- And 4x event winner John John Florence is slotted in the heat draw.
- Keep it locked here for more.
THE LINEUP: PETER MEL
- Santa Cruz icon and WSL commentator Peter Mel sat down for an in-depth interview recently on "The Lineup With Dave Prodan."
- You know Pete is a big wave psychopath and one of Santa Cruz's gnarliest sons, right?
- Plus, his son is now charging on the QS ...
- Hear Pete break it all down on WorldSurfLeague.com or wherever you get your podcasts.
MAGUIRE MANHANDLES MULLY
- The Irish slab of MULLAGHMORE roared to life this week.
- Tom Lowe scored one of the best waves during the pulsing North Atlantic swell.
- While local lad Conor Maguire also paddled and towed into some monsters.
LEO GOES GUCCI … AGAIN
- Throwing it back to the ‘70s Italian surfer Leo Fioravanti was just at the Gucci Fashion show in Milan where he was looking good!
- But seriously, Leo, where's the Gerry Lopez Lighting Bolt?