January 23, 2020
ANDINO TALKS TOKYO 2020
- There are six months to go until the start of the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games, and American surfer Kolohe Andino couldn't be more fired up.
- The Californian has provisionally qualifying to compete in Japan this July.
- Making him one of a small, elite group of athletes that will usher in surfing's Olympic debut.
CHANNEL ISLANDS NEW MODELS
- Iconic Santa Barbara surfboard label Channel Islands just released two new models.
- A new mid-length design--the C.I. Mid--was developed in collaboration with WSL Longboard Tour Director Devon Howard.
- And the FishBeard, a pet project of Parker Coffin's, is a combination of Dane Reynolds' NeckBeard 2 and a classic twin-fin fish design.
SOUND WAVES: MATTHEW MCGILLIVRAY
- The latest episode of WSL Studio's Sound Waves just dropped and it features 2020 South African Championship Tour rookie Matthew McGillivray.
- Take a behind-the-scenes journey with the J-Bay local as he makes a late-season charge at the 2019 Vans Triple Crown of Surfing.