Learn how to stay zen in an ocean of plastics with Air Copeland, mindfulness master, producer, and Executive Director of The 5 Gyres Institute.
Thanks for listening. Lots to follow up on here!
- You can learn more about Air at http://www.airrioncopeland.com/
- You can rent Air's documentary "White Wash" on race in surfing on iTunes, YouTube, Amazon Prime, and in the Google Play Store.
- Learn more about The 5 Gyres Institute at 5gyres.org
- Check out their Better Alternatives Now list https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5522e85be4b0b65a7c78ac96/t/5acbd346562fa79982b268fc/1523307375028/5Gyres_BANlist2.pdf
- And be sure to check out their Trash Blitz program at trashblitz.org
- We chat about the 2015 "Sea Change" Expedition with 5 Gyres. Here's the final report. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5522e85be4b0b65a7c78ac96/t/57d852e503596eb8b595d6e6/1473794795937/5Gyres+2015+SEA+Change+Expedition+Summary+Report.pdf
- If interested in the history of plastic pollution and Marcus' storied drift from CA to Hawaii, check out his book "Junk Raft." https://www.amazon.com/Junk-Raft-Activism-Plastic-Pollution/dp/0807056405 Plastic Pollution
- See the famous 1955 Time magazine cover re: "Throwaway Culture" https://time.com/3879873/throwaway-living-when-tossing-it-all-was-all-the-rage/
- Here's that article re: plastic fibers in the air we breathe: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/04/microplastics-pollution-falls-from-air-even-mountains/ Other
- Dr. Kate Marvel "We Need Courage, Not Hope, to Face Climate Change" https://onbeing.org/blog/kate-marvel-we-need-courage-not-hope-to-face-climate-change/
As always, you can find us online @wslpure and at wslpure.org, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.