February 3, 2020
JORDY SURFS WITH SIYA
- Jordy Smith just took some time out to teach Siya Kolisi -- the captain of South Africa's World Cup-winning rugby team -- how to surf.
- Riding a custom board shaped by Jordy's dad, Graham, this was Siya's first crack at standing up in the ocean.
- Getting after it in Cape Town, the two South African sporting heavyweights shared some serious surf stoke, swapped jerseys and had a good old time.
SAN CLEMENTE SWEEPS PISMO
- Over the weekend, San Clemente's Kevin Schulz and Sawyer Lindblad won the SLO CAL Open Pismo Beach.
- Schulz took out Brett Simpson in the final and recently lit up the internet with his freesurf release Brack(ish) and his air game was on full display in Pismo.
- For 14-year-old Lindblad -- who just notched her first-ever WSL event win -- she can give a little credit to Simpo, who coaches her on the U.S. junior team.
ROUNDHOG DAY REDUX
- If you tuned into the Super Bowl yesterday, you may have caught Kelly Slater's pal Bill Murray in classic Jeep commercial for their new Gladiator.
OWEN WRIGHT JUST MARRIED
- And finally a big congratulations to Owen Wright and Kita Alexander who were married over the weekend.
- Enjoy the honeymoon!