Saturday, February 22, 2020
NOOSA: DAY 1
- Day one of the Noosa Longboard Open presented by Thomas Surfboards kicked off yesterday.
- Brazil's Augusto Olinto nailed the highest heat total of the day utilizing stylish nose rides.
- And two-time World Longboard Champ Honolua Blomfield's little cousin, 14-year-old Luluhia Blomfield Kane, made her debut in a WSL event, winning her opening heat.
- To follow all the action coming out of Noosa, head over to WorldSurfLeague.com.
O'NEILL ‘FIRST IN THE WATER'
- This week O'Neill launched a new campaign called "First In The Water."
- Inspired by founder Jack O'Neill, the campaign features team riders including Jordy Smith and Ian Crane alongside artistic projections from the brand's birthplace -- Santa Cruz.
UNDERWATER UPSIDE DOWN LAKE?
- The newest episode of WSL PURE's One Ocean podcast presented by Outerknown just dropped.
- Going deep, literally, Carlie Wiener of the Schmidt Ocean Institute, explains how deep sea research uncovered a bizarre underwater upside-down lake.
- Listen to the episode on WorldSurfLeague.com or wherever you get your podcasts.
- Koa Smith, his brother, Travis, and Luke Davis recently scored all-time surf in the Caribbean.
- Silverbacks, a freaky slab on Panama's east coast, roared to life on a very big, very intense, and very short-period swell.
- You can catch the full cut on Koa's YouTube channel.