Sunday, March 1, 2020
TRANSFORMED SEASON THREE
- Breaking all kinds of barriers, Ishita Malaviya is leading the charge for women riding waves in India.
- In the latest episode of the WSL Studios' series Transformed, she shares the emerging surf culture that she's helping pioneer along India's southern coast.
- You can watch the full episode right now on WorldSurfLeague.com
BUSY WEEKEND ON THE QS
- It's been a busy weekend on the Qualifying Series.
- At Avoca Beach, Australia, Matt Banting and Sarah Baum just won the Vissla and Sisstrevolution Central Coast Pro, respectively.
- And in California, Izzi Gomez and Taro Watanabe just took out the SLO CAL Open at Morro Bay.
- Next up is the QS 5,000 at Surfest Newcastle Pro, which runs this week.
ITALO PAYS IT FORWARD IN BRASIL
- As a kid growing up in Brasil Italo Ferreira came from humble beginnings, learning to surf on the lid of a styrofoam cooler.
- Well, now that he's World Champ, he's paying it forward to the next generation.
- Taking a break from his 2020 preparations, he just spent some time donating much needed school supplies to students in Baia Formosa.
- That's so epic, Italo! You truly are the people's champ.
MORE MASON HO MAGIC
- Is there anything Mason Ho won't surf?
- After competing in Fernando de Noronha, Mase took a little Brasilian detour to film for his part in "Snapt 4."
- I don't know how you do it, Mase, but I love it. [KAIPO RIFF]
- Catch the full cut on his YouTube channel now.