Thursday, March 5, 2020
JJF'S SURF RANCH DAY
- Fine-tuning his return to the Championship Tour, John John Florence has been putting in some time in Lemoore with friends and family.
SOUNDWAVES KAI AND CHUMBO
- Kai Lenny rode the biggest wave of his life last month in Nazare with the help of tow partner Lucas "Chumbo" Chianca.
- You want more from this all-star tow team? Tune into the latest episode of Sound Waves -- in which they star -- on WorldSurfLeague.com.
TUDOR AND SLATER RACE FOR RECORDS
- Last week, 40-somethings Kelly Slater and Joel Tudor both confirmed they'd be gunning for World Titles in 2020.
- When Tudor, 43, won the Noosa Longboard Open, he missed the record for oldest WSL event winner by a few months.
- That record belongs to Slater who was 44 when he won in Tahiti in 2016.
- Kelly's campaign starts in two weeks at the Corona Piha Pro in New Zealand, the second stop of the newly minted Challenger Series.
- Do these surf dads really have a shot? Who has more of a chance? Thoughts below the line please …