Saturday, March 7, 2020
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
- This weekend we're recognizing International Women's Day, and we have a lot to celebrate in 2020.
- Here are some of the top moments so far this year, knowing there will be many more to come!
JUSTINE DUPONT AT NAZARE
- Let's just start with Justine Dupont.
- This wave at Nazare was enormous and her ride was inspired … could this be a new world record?
JAPAN'S AMURO TSUZUKI
- And then there's Amuro Tsuzuki, the first female surfer from Japan to surf on the Championship Tour.
- It's great to have another Japanese surfer on Tour heading into our Olympic debut in Tokyo 2020.
- Ganbatte kudasai!
MARKS AT TEAHUPO'O
- Yes, surfing is in the Olympics, and the Paris 2024 venue will be at Teahupoo, Tahiti.
- This notoriously heavy wave is where Team USA's Caroline Marks just put the surf world on notice …
- Check out this barrel at the End Of The Road.
KELIS KALEOPA'A TAKES NOOSA
- And let's end with 15-year-old stylist Kelis Kaleopa'a …
- She just took out the Noosa Longboard Open with style and grace.
- And if she keeps surfing like this, she could become the youngest World Longboard Champ ever …