Friday, April 10, 2020
BELLS WEEK WRAPS
- Bells Week wrapped today with an epic Finals Day from the 2015 Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach.
- Mick Fanning took out Adriano de Souza in an early preview of the year's World Title race.
- And Carissa Moore staked her claim as one of the most successful surfers to ever compete at the Bells Bowl, going on to win her third World Title later that year.
- To watch the full replay go to WorldSurfLeague.com
CATCHING UP WITH LAKEY
- California's Lakey Peterson has been quarantining at Bells Beach, where surfing still complies with the current social distancing guidelines in Victoria.
- We caught up with her yesterday...
TORREN MARTYN HEADS NORTH
- Torren Martyn traveled to the Arctic Circle for the short film "Northern Reaches."
- Armed with two twin fins and a pair of snowshoes, the Australian scored some icy setups in the freezing conditions.
STAY HOME, SHRED LATER
- Finally, Surfrider Foundation has launched a new campaign called #StayHomeShredLater.
- They're urging surfers to please hang at home, practice social distancing and avoid crowded public spaces, including beaches and surfing areas.