Saturday, May 9, 2020
FIJI WEEK PREVIEW
- We've got more action on tap from the South Pacific this week as we sail away to Fiji.
- On Monday, we'll be cracking open The Vault and diving into the 2003 Quiksilver Pro Fiji.
- Don't miss a classic goofy versus regular matchup as best friends Andy Irons and Cory Lopez swing on the ledge at Cloudbreak.
- And later in the week, you'll see one of the most historic moments in surfing as Owen Wright drops two perfect 20-point heats at the 2015 Fiji Pro.
- Catch it all right here on WorldSurfLeague.com.
CALIFORNIA BEACH UPDATE
- On the good news front, beaches in California have been opening up the last few weeks.
- And the action has returned to the peak at Lowers, Southern California's premiere training ground.
- Home of future Olympians like Kolohe Andino and Caroline Marks, the break had been closed for over a month.
- But please, if you're itching to surf, stick close to your zone and continue to practice safe social distancing.
THE COLLECTION: HERE AND NOW
- Looking for something epic to watch?
- How about Here & Now By Taylor Steele?
- Shot during a single day in 2012, it showcases what one day of surfing looks like around the world.
- From a young Jack Robinson and his classic Greenough haircut, to Stephanie Gilmore at Snapper and Kelly Slater at Cloudbreak, it's all just another day in the life.
FLYING WITHOUT FOILS
- What happens when John John Florence grabs a foil board and adapts it as his new shortboard.
- You'll have to watch and find out in John's new edit...which offers a revealing look at how he's creatively using his time in Hawaii these days.
LAWN PATROL TATI & JESSE