Who we are
The World Surf League (WSL) is dedicated to celebrating the world's best surfing on the world's best waves through a variety of best-in-class audience platforms. The WSL is a truly global sports and media company with regional offices in Australia, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, and Europe.
In 2016, Kelly Slater Wave Company (KSWC), joined the WSL as an innovative wave technology company. KSWC is the first to develop a formula that combines cutting-edge science, engineering, and design to create the longest, open-barrel, high-performance wave in existence.
Who we look for
We seek innovators, entrepreneurs, disruptors and collaborators who are passionate about their craft. We are an international team comprised of individuals who together are committed to excellence in everything we do. Our connection to the ocean –as our playground and our stadium – fosters an eco-centric mindset. We are a start-up in spirit, which requires agility in risk taking, failing fast and applying new learning. Not a surfer? No sweat! We just want the best and brightest.
What it's like to work here
We are an international, progressive, eco-minded and passionate collective of people bound together through STOKE, love of the ocean, surfing and living life to the fullest. We offer opportunities that may transport you around the world, or may be centered at one of our HQs, including Santa Monica, California or San Diego, California. Working at the WSL means that you are a part our tribe, committed to showcasing the world’s best surfers on the world’s best waves. We are building a culture that appreciates work/life balance, including the need to work out in our gym, go for a quick surf sesh or take a run on the beach. Furry friends welcome!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere! WSL is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Current Job Openings at WSL
Global MarketingProject Manager, PUREWorld Surf League HQ- Santa Monica
The Project Manager, PURE, serves as a key member of the PURE team reporting directly into the Executive Director, WSL PURE. This role will be responsible for the execution of PURE projects across all functions of the business. Additionally, sourcing stories and producing content across multiple digital platforms. This role will also act as a relationship manager for our PURE partners. WSL PURE is on a mission to inspire, educate and empower the global surf community to engage deeply in the fight to protect our oceans.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Manage multiple projects within PURE, while working cross departmentally with WSL team members
- Research an execution of Sustainability programs across PURE, WSL & KSWC
- Assist in the implementation of PURE’s programs, ensuring they help carry out the organization’s mission
- Produce and manage content across multiple digital platforms, including social media.
- Work closely with our partners being the point of contact for all potential needs, ensuring maintenance of these relationships
- Represent the brand being active and visible at onsite activations and working closely with professional, civic and private organizations
- Partnering with the Executive Director on core environmental issues, strategies, and program implementation
- Additional Marketing and Communication duties as needed
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles, Environmental or Non-Profit experience preferred
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Prior experience using or managing a content management system
- Competent and active in social media
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
- General understanding of ocean conservation and environmental issues
- Highly proficient in Google suite
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- An exceptional work ethic
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- Incredibly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary