Who we are
The World Surf League (WSL) is dedicated to celebrating the world's best surfing on the world's best waves through a variety of best-in-class audience platforms. The WSL is a truly global sports and media company with regional offices in Australia, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, and Europe.
In 2016, Kelly Slater Wave Company (KSWC), joined the WSL as an innovative wave technology company. KSWC is the first to develop a formula that combines cutting-edge science, engineering, and design to create the longest, open-barrel, high-performance wave in existence.
In 2018, WSL announced the creation of WSL Studios, focused on being the home of live competitive surf content and the premier place to create short-form, TV series, documentaries and feature films oriented around surfing, surf-lifestyle and ocean conservancy.
Who we look for
We seek innovators, entrepreneurs, disruptors and collaborators who are passionate about their craft. We are an international team comprised of individuals who together are committed to excellence in everything we do. Our connection to the ocean –as our playground and our stadium – fosters an eco-centric mindset. We are a start-up in spirit, which requires agility in risk taking, failing fast and applying new learning. Not a surfer? No sweat! We just want the best and brightest.
What it's like to work here
We are an international, progressive, eco-minded and passionate collective of people bound together through STOKE, love of the ocean, surfing and living life to the fullest. We offer opportunities that may transport you around the world, or may be centered at one of our HQs, including Santa Monica, California or San Diego, California. Working at the WSL means that you are a part our tribe, committed to showcasing the world’s best surfers on the world’s best waves. We are building a culture that appreciates work/life balance, including the need to work out in our gym, go for a quick surf sesh or take a run on the beach. Furry friends welcome!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere! WSL is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Current Job Openings at WSL
Surf RanchHealth, Safety, and Environment (HSE) ManagerWave Co. Lemoore
The World Surf League (WSL) is dedicated to celebrating the world's best surfers on the world's best waves through a variety of best-in-class audience platforms. The WSL has been championing the world's best surfing since 1976, running global events across the Men's and Women's Championship Tours, the Big Wave Tour, Qualifying Series, Junior and Longboard Championships. Headquartered in Santa Monica, the WSL is a truly global sports and media company with regional offices in Australia, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, and Europe. In 2016, WSL Holdings, the parent company of the World Surf League (WSL), acquired a majority stake in the Kelly Slater Wave Company (KSWC), an innovative wave technology company. KSWC is the first to develop a formula that combines cutting edge science, engineering and design to create the longest, open barrel, high-performance wave in existence. In 2018, WSL announced the creation of WSL Studios, focused on being the home of live competitive surf content and the premier place to create short-form, TV series, documentaries and feature films oriented around surfing, surf-lifestyle and ocean conservancy.
The Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager is a full-time position located in Lemoore, California that will report directly to the site General Manager. The HSE Manager directs the development, implementation, and maintenance of environmental, safety and health programs for the facility. The HSE Manager provides the leadership, direction and support necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and standards. The HSE Manager must possess the ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels within the organization to include all employees at both the corporate and site level. The HSE Manager needs to be able to indirectly lead change across all departments.
The HSE Manager will have the assistance of department leaders where some responsibilities can be delegated, but still owned by the HSE Manager. This role is ultimately responsible for maintaining a safe workplace according to Federal, State and Local regulations and continue to foster a culture supporting Health and Safety at Surf Ranch.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Establish Safety Training requirements for each department
- Conduct Safety Training and orientation for all employees
- Conduct regular site inspections
- Support the development and implementation of safety programs and policies
- Manage programs such as Lockout Tagout, Fall Protection, PIT, AWP, and other regulatory programs
- Conduct site assessments and enforce safety programs, stopping unsafe operations as necessary
- Manage documentation and communication for inspections, incidents, etc
- Manage relationship with insurance carriers and their assigned agents
- Manage contractor site safety plans and safety on site
- Manage Incident Response and Investigations/Management with Workers Compensation partners
- Manage site safety processes and inventory to include Hazard Communication and SDS’s, First Aid/Trauma Bag Supplies, PPE Supplies as necessary, O2, eyewash, etc.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings and develop educational safety topics as necessary
- Manage safety equipment PWC’s, trauma bags, AED’s and other life safety equipment
- Partner with local authorities for site support and emergency drills (Fire, etc)
- Assess environmental impact, review and make recommendations to support sustainable solutions and align with WSL PURE
- Need something about maintaining appropriate incident reporting in compliance with OSHA standards
- Conduct Rick assessments
- Stop unsafe acts
- Focus on prevention
- Other tasks as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years’ experience in a high-risk environment
- CPR/AED/First Aid BLS level or higher
- HSE certification preferred
- Experienced in Incident response and investigation, including aquatic rescue
Additional Training: (may include):
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction
- OSHA 30 Hour General Industry
- Fall Protection Competent Person
- Worker’s Compensation & Cal OSHA
- Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training
- Food Safety Manager Certification
- HAZWOPER 8 or 40 hour (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard)
- EMT Certification
- Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT / forklift) and Aerial Work Platform (AWP / high reach) equipment operation
- Ability to analyze risk and follow regulation
- Ability to produce reports
- Ability to implement policies
- Ability to communicate in stressful situations
- Organized and self-motivated
- Attention to detail and observation ability
- Experienced in computer applications such as Word, Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other programs
- Team player
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary
- Friendly and positive attitude. Able to interface with guests on a regular basis
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Physically able to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 75 pounds or less.
- The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
- Must be able to work in weather (hot/cold)
- Comfortable working in and around water / must know how to swim