The upcoming 2019 Freshwater Pro will run from September 19-21 at the Surf Ranch in Lemoore, California for Stop No. 8 on the men's Championship Tour and Stop No. 7 on the women's Tour. The event will be made up of three rounds: Round 1, Round 2 and the Final with an updated format from last year.
General admission tickets are available for Saturday, September 21, for $55 each for adults. VIP passes will grant exclusive access to attend on Friday, September 20, as well as Saturday, September 21. Last year Carissa Moore and Gabriel Medina dominated Finals day to win the inaugural Surf Ranch Pro -- which eventually led to Medina claiming his 2nd World Title.
In addition, the Raconteurs will be the headlining performer following the Finals on Saturday. Jack White, Brendan Benson, Jack Lawrence and Patrick Keeler make up the famed band. Tickets can be purchased www.wslfreshwaterpro.com.
Round 1 is all 36 men and 18 women;
- Normal seeding - 4 waves each
- Best left and right will form a competitors total heat score
- Brackets are 6-man heats, top 2 advance straight through to Round 2
- Leaderboard decides remaining 12 men and 12 women into Round 2
Round 2 is down to 24 men and 12 women;
- Each surfer receives an additional 2 waves to improve on their best left and right from Round 1
- Leaderboard determines surfer order
- Top 8 men and 4 women from Leaderboard advance to Final
Final of 8 men and 4 women;
- Each surfer rides 4 waves
- Only the top 4 men and 2 women from the Leaderboard receive an extra 2 waves
- Best left and right form the surfers total score and decide the Champions
Thursday, September 19: Round 1 (closed to the public)
Friday, September 20: Remainder of Round 1 followed by Round 2 (VIP only)
Saturday, September 21: Remainder of Round 2 followed by Final and concert