January 7, 2020
SLATER'S SPACE JERSEY
- The GOAT in space? Yep, Kelly Slater's at it again.
- His good friend, astronaut Christina Koch, is up at the International Space Station and brought along his jersey from last year's Oi Rio Pro.
- Kelly explains that her side hustle when she's up there is finding surf spots from space.
- Check out what she's found by searching the hashtag #swellfromspace on Instagram or Twitter.
- And tune into NASA.gov this Friday to hear a live, candid conversation between Slater and Koch.
WILSON'S FIJI DREAM
- Escaping the smoke for a bit, Julian Wilson just missioned over to Fiji.
- After cementing his spot Australia's Olympic squad at the end of the 2019 season, the 31-year-old recharged his batteries by scoring dreamy Cloudbreak.
- His long-time friend and filmer Jimmy Lees just put out three-minutes of high performance perfection.
- Check it out on Julian's YouTube page.
QS SEASON KICKS OFF
- The 2020 Qualifying Series has officially kicked off with the Corona Open China hosted by Wanning and held at Hainan Island's pristine left point.
- A QS 5,000, the Men's Round 1 went off with California's Cole Houshmand bagging the highest heat total.
- The Women are down to the Round of 24 with Tahiti's Vahine Fierro being the standout so far.
- Stay tuned to WorldSurfLeague.com as we get down to the business end of this thing.