January 9, 2020
SLATER'S SPACE CHAT
- Tomorrow, January 10th at 10:00am Pacific Time, Kelly Slater, the Greatest Surfer of All Time, will be chatting live with NASA Astronaut Christina Koch.
- Koch recently broke the record for longest single-duration spaceflight by a female, and today marks the 300th day of her mission.
- Kock, a passionate surfer, requested a personal conversation with Slater, and they'll be chatting about surfing, ocean health and women's equality.
- Tune in for this historic conversation on NASA.gov.
IN AND AROUND WATER
- Our friends at Hurley just dropped a new episode of their series "In And Around Water."
- Featuring Reef Heazlewood, Hiroto Ohara and Brett Simpson, the edit follows their tour de force through Orange County.
- And guest appearances from Filipe Toledo and Kolohe Andino keep things extra spicy.
- Dive into the full cut on Hurley's YouTube channel.
CARMICHAEL HITS IRELAND
- Tis the season for hoods, 5-mils and slabs.
- Australia's power man Wade Carmichael absolutely scored in the Emerald Isles before the holidays.
- Filmer Jesse Little captured the tour surfer charging Ireland's best slabs.
- The North Atlantic has been providing the goods this winter and it looks like there's more on tap.
- The latest chapter of WSL studio's series Brilliant Corners just dropped.
- In chapter two, the intrepid Sam Bleakley continues his adventures in Papua New Guinea and learns about the "Pink Nose Revolution" that promotes women's participation in surfing.
- Head over to WorldSurfLeage.com to watch the full cut.
HBD BRONTE MACAULAY
- Finally, a very happy birthday to Bronte Macaulay, who turns 26 today.
- Hope you're having a great day and look forward to seeing you back on Tour!