January 11, 2020
FINALS DAY SET IN CHINA
- Finals Day is set for the Corona Open China hosted by Wanning.
- CT vets Patrick Gudauskas and Keanu Asing have been leading the charge and will now face off in the Semis.
- And future Olympian Brisa Hennessy has also been surfing tack-sharp and will be looking to kick off her 2020 season with a win in Riyue Bay.
MATEUS HERDY: 'YOURS TRULY'
- Brazilian phenom Mateus Herdy just dropped a nine-minute banger of footage from across the globe in a new edit titled "Yours Truly."
- With an array of airs and barrels on display, the 19-year-old from Florianópolis is a fresh addition to the Brazilian Storm.
- Catch the full cut on Herdy's YouTube page.
BRILLIANT CORNERS: PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- Surf is where you find it, and few know this better than writer and surfer Sam Bleakley.
- In WSL Studio's series "Brilliant Corners," Sam travels the world in search of waves and explores rarely seen coastlines and communities -- this time in Papua New Guinea.
- You can watch all three episodes from his latest adventure here.
SOUNDS OF SURFING AT NAZARÉ
- The roar of Nazaré can be deafening -- just ask electro-music producer Molécule.
- In his latest project, Molécule collaborated with elite big-wave surfers, filmmakers and Quiksilver to literally submerge himself in the North Atlantic.
- Sourcing sound directly from the waves and water at Nazaré, he's created a whole new way to appreciate the natural phenomenon.
- Molécule's new EP and a 26-minute documentary called "Sounds Of Surfing" drops January 17th.