January 15, 2020
FLORENCE + ROBO ENTER PIPE
- John John Florence and Jack Robinson are officially in the heat draw for the 2020 Volcom Pipe Pro.
- Florence has won the contest an unrivaled four times.
- Robinson, the 2020 Championship Tour rookie, kicked off his dream run last year with a big event win at Pipe.
- This year the contest has been upgraded to a QS 5,000 meaning more points are at stake and more talent will be in the water.
- The action is set to kick off on January 29th.
MEOLA'S SURFING SURFERS
- And you know why else today is a great day? Because Matt Meola just dropped a full length edit filmed in Maui..
- His pal Alber Layer calls him "the best air surfer of all time."
- If you thought that his air in France at the Red Bull Airborne was nuts, Matt's complete disregard for his safety in this edit is baffling.
- Check out ‘Surfing Surfers' on Matt's YouTube Page now!
MAMIYA SIGNS WITH RVCA
- And in sponsorship news, Hawaii's Barron Mamiya has joined the RVCA family.
- The 19-year-old finished 14th on the 2019 Qualifying Series and is considered one of the brightest prospects coming out of the Islands.
WEIRD WAVES IN NIGERIA
- Vans' ‘Weird Waves' is back, and in the second episode of Season 2 Dylan Graves goes adventuring in Lagos, Nigeria, with longtime pal Dane Gudauskas.
- Tune in today on Vans' YouTube channel.