January 18, 2020
RED BULL AIRBORNE QUALIFIERS
- Think you have what it takes to soar at Red Bull Airborne?
- Well, here's your chance to spread your wings.
- There are two Red Bull Airborne qualifying events coming up in Australia.
- The first one is on January 28th at Maroubra Beach.
- The second will be on February 8th or 9th on the Gold Coast.
- Winners will get a spot into the Final at the first official Red Bull Airborne event when the 2020 Championship Tour season kicks off in March.
- Sign up at SurfingAustralia.com before it's too late.
MCINTOSH'S WAVE OF THE DECADE
- As part of Surfline's 4ocean Wave of the Decade, they're catching up with all their Wave of the Winter winners from the last 10 years.
- They just sat down with B to chat him up about his Off The Wall bomb from 2012.
- "It definitely changed my life and career. It paid for my wedding...so it was kind of a game changer," jokes the surfer from Kauai.
- Dig into the full interview on Surfline.com.
BETHANY'S LAUREUS MOMENT
- Laureus World Sports Awards is celebrating their 20th anniversary, and this year, surfers will feature prominently.
- Bethany Hamilton's return to surfing glory after her 2003 shark incident has been nominated for one of Laureus' top 20 sporting moments.
- Additionally, World Champs Italo Ferreira and Carissa More have both been nominated for Action Sportsperson of Year.
- Bethany's award will be decided by fan vote so head over to in the next three days to help her take the win.
DAMO LANDS IN HALL OF FAME
- And finally, Florida's son Damien Hobgood was just inducted into the East Coast Surfing Hall of Fame.
- Congratulations Damo and all the 2020 inductees, keep on shredding.