January 19, 2020
FANNING'S SHARK SAVING NEW PROJECT
- Known for his three World Titles and fighting off a Great White at J-Bay in 2015, Mick Fanning's is currently working on a new documentary project called "Save this Shark."
- Teaming up with Taylor Steel and National Geographic Australia. Mick calls it "a personal journey for me to reconnect with sharks in a more friendly manner."
- In "Save this Shark" he will talk to the world's leading shark experts and again come face to face with different species of sharks in the Bahamas, Australia and Miami.
- The documentary will air later in the year.
ALASKA TO MEXICO BY HAND
- On Friday night "By Hand" made its world premiere at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.
- The documentary film tells the story of twin brothers Ryan and Casey Higginbotham's epic, unassisted, 2,200-mile prone paddle from Alaska to Mexico.
- The GOAT, Kelly Slater, calls the feat "like summiting Mount Everest for the first time."
Learn more about the adventure at ByHandProject.com.
MAURICE COLE'S 50-YEAR RIDE
- One of the most renowned surfboard shapers in the world, the life and times of Maurice Cole is being brought to life in a new biopic.
- "The First Wave" by Peter Baker is a moving and inspiring story that details the Aboriginal surfer's battles with the law, mental health and a half century of surfing.
- Still ripping at 65 it's a great look at the incredible life of one surfing's most influential elder statesmen.
CZERMAK IN "BLOOM"
- 16-year-old Tahitian charger Eimeo Czermak has been making quite a name for himself at the End of the Road lately.
- He just dropped a statement-making new edit called "Bloom" on his YouTube channel.
- Pull in and see what all the hype about.