January 30, 2020
NAT YOUNG WINS IN MOROCCO
- It's always epic to see hard work pay off, and for Santa Cruz's Nat Young it all just came together in Morocco.
- Winning the first-ever Pro Taghazout Bay in all-time conditions, it was a dream run for Young, who notched a near-perfect 9.67 in the Final to seal the deal against Peru's Alonso Correa.
VOLCOM PIPE PRO PUMPS
- Every year the Volcom Pipe Pro seems to be blessed with pumping surf, and once again the Pacific didn't disappoint as action got underway yesterday.
- With bombs rolling through all day, it was underground Pipe charger Eala Stewart who posted the highest heat score of the day, highlighted by a solid 8.93 ride.
- And familiar names like Mason Ho, Koa Rothman and Nathan Florence all survived to surf another day.
- And maybe the best news of all?
- The surf's going to keep pumping through the weekend.
- Stay tuned to WorldSurfLeague.com for all the action.
ONE OCEAN: ZEN AND PLASTIC
- And finally, plastic pollution is just maddening…
- But Air Copeland, the Executive Director of The 5 Gyres Institute, has some advice on how you can stay zen in an ocean of plastics.