February 2, 2020
DANTAS WINS VOLCOM PIPE PRO
- After an epic week on the North Shore, Brazil's Wiggolly Dantas has taken the win at the Volcom Pipe Pro.
- In challenging conditions, the former CT powerhouse held on against countrymen Joao Chianca and Yago Dora, and Hawaii's Seth Moniz.
- For the effort, Dantas has secured 5,000 Qualifying Series points and gets a great jump on his 2020 QS campaign.
- And at the awards ceremony, Billy Kemper was presented with the Hard Charger in memory of Todd Chesser Award for pushing his performance throughout the week.
- Head over to WorldSurfLeague.com for all the highlights, results and current QS standings.
BILLY KEMPER "HOME COURT"
- Speaking of Billy Kemper, a couple weeks ago the big-wave hero made the call to fly from Oahu to Maui to chase a swell at his beloved Jaws.
- The effort resulted in what he's calling the wave of his life.
- A bomb at Jaws, a win at Sunset and the Hard Charger award at Pipe...it's been a heck of a run for you Billy, congrats on all of your successes.
INDONESIA'S CT HOPEFUL
- Oney Anwar has set his sights on becoming the first Indonesian surfer to qualify for the Championship Tour.
- Recently training on the Gold Coast, he's primed for making a run at it now that the Qualifying Series has hit Australia.
- Can't wait to see you get after it this year, Oney. Good luck!