Tuesday, February 4, 2020
OAHU'S RESOLUTION 20-12
- Last Thursday, the Honolulu City Council passed resolution 20-12.
- The resolution urges key stakeholders on the North Shore to adjust event permits to include women's divisions.
- In a statement released today, the WSL supports the resolution and commends the work of Councilmember Heidi Tsuneyoshi and the Committee for Equity in Women's Surfing.
- Will that mean women surfing in the 2020 Triple Crown? We don't know yet …
- Further discussions will need to occur between all key decision makers.
- Women have been ripping on the North Shore for decades, and this is a big development for competitive surfing.
FANNING BACK ON A BOARD
- Good news, Mick Fanning is back in the water again after his major knee blowout last year.
- Catching his first waves in six months, the three-time World Champ took to Instagram and verified that, yes, "The stoke is real!"
- It's great to see you back, Mick!
UNCLE SHANE'S KEIKI CLASSIC
- For a quarter of a century Shane Dorian has been firing up the next generation of Big Island groms with his Keiki Classic.
- Celebrating its 25th year, Shane's friends -- like the GOAT, Kelly Slater -- came over and hang with the next generation …
- And like Willy Wonka, Kelly even had a few golden tickets for the winners …