Thursday, February 6, 2020
ATLANTIC SWELL LOOMING
- Forecast models in the Atlantic have been going freakishly haywire lately.
- MagicSeaweed shows not a purple blob, but a massive black blob storming across the North Atlantic.
- It's setting up swell for Nazare, Mullaghmore and other European surf zones that can handle the energy.
- This swell is forecast to hit the first half of next week.
- So keep it locked here as the action unfolds.
IN SLATER'S ORBIT
- Kelly Slater has some friends in some seriously high places.
- And one of them, Astronaut and surfer Christina Koch, just returned to Earth.
- Landing today, she broke the record for the longest single spaceflight by a female ... a remarkable 328 days.
- Last month, Slater caught up with his fellow Floridian while she was at the International Space Station.
- Congrats, Christina! After all that time, you must be frothing to get back in the water!
DANTAS TALKS 2020
- Brazilian CT vet Wiggolly Dantas won the Volcom Pipe Pro last weekend.
- After an impressive performance throughout the event, he's looking capitalize on the momentum.
HBD SEBASTIAN ZIETZ
- And finally, a very happy birthday to the one and only Sebastian Zietz, who turns 32 years old today.
- Hope you're having a good one, Seabass.