Monday, February 17, 2020
TUDOR TO SURF NOOSA
- Some more big news in the longboard world, former World Champion Joel Tudor is expected to compete in the upcoming Noosa Longboard Open.
- Last year in New York, the former longboard World Champion made a point of passing the torch to the next generation of log riders…
- Tudor's appearance will be an extra special treat for competitors and fans alike.
- The waiting period kicks off on Saturday, February 22nd.
MOORE COMMITS TO PIHA
- World Champion Carissa Moore has confirmed that she will be pulling on a jersey at the upcoming Corona Piha Pro.
- After clinching her fourth World Title at the end of 2019, Moore announced that she planned to take a break from the Championship Tour this year.
- But as she prepares for surfing's debut at the Olympic Games in Tokyo this summer, she's looking to keep her competitive senses sharp.
- The action gets underway in New Zealand on March 16.
IGARASHI IN FREEDOM
- Kanoa Igarashi just dropped a new edit called "Freedom" on his YouTube channel.
- Showcasing a month's worth of freesurfing highlights from January, the Japanese surfer has been doing work this off-season.
- It gives you a pretty good idea of how the Kanoa's been spending his time.
MEDINA WINS GROMSEARCH
- Over the weekend Sophia Medina took out the Rip Curl GromSearch in Brasil.
- If that sounds familiar, you may remember Gabriel Medina announced his arrival onto the global surf scene when he won the GromSearch final at Bells in 2010.
- Congrats Sophia...watch out world...there's another Medina coming.