Wednesday, February 19, 2020
HONOLUA LANDS IN NOOSA
- Honolua Blomfield, arrives in Noosa, Australia, today for the Noosa Longboard Open presented by Thomas Surfboards.
- The defending World Longboard Champ and Haleiwa native looks to defend her position on the first stop of the 2020 Longboard Tour.
- With five sand-bottom points on offer, Noosa perfectly suits traditional longboarding … oh, and the water's warm pretty much all year round.
- The event kicks off on Saturday, February 22nd, and you can watch the whole thing live on WorldSurfLeague.com.
THE DROP KICKS OFF
- And if you're in the area, be sure to check out The Drop Music Festival …
- The Drop is a national touring music fest that follows the Australian leg of the WSL's Tour.
- Singer-songwriter Kita Alexander -- in between watching heats of her new husband Owen Wright -- will be playing at all the stops, so go check her out.
SPOONS: A SANTA BARBARA STORY
- Santa Barbara California has always been a hotbed for surfboard innovation.
- And the new documentary film, "Spoons: A Santa Barbara Story" details this colorful history.
- It tells the story of how shapers like Renny Yater and George Greenough designed surfboards that helped kickstart a revolution and influenced generations of surfers and shapers.
- The film is available now on iTunes and Vimeo.