Tuesday, February 25, 2020
TUDOR TAKES OUT NOOSA
- If you thought Joel Tudor was going to hang up the jersey, well think again.
- After 16 years without a WSL victory, 43-year-old Tudor has won the Noosa Longboard Open presented by Thomas Surfboards.
- And on the other side of the age spectrum, 15-year-old Kelis Kaleopa'a took her first WSL victory
- She shined throughout the event in tricky Noosa conditions.
- Check all the highlights and the replay on WorldSurfLeague.com
EQUINOR OUT OF BIGHT
- Norwegian Oil giant Equinor has withdrawn its plans for resource exploration in the Great Australian Bight.
- The Bight is one of the world's last intact and wild marine ecosystems.
- The decision comes after a groundswell of community action, inspired largely by surfers, from across Australia.
- This is a huge win for the ocean, this pristine coastline and surfers around the world.
SLATER'S HAWAIIAN OFFSEASON
- Kelly Slater's been blowing minds lately in Hawaii with his freesurfing.
- This recent session on the North Shore, captured by artist and filmmaker Jack Coleman, is a case in point.
- No contest. No pressure. The result? Pure poetry.
ANDINO ON TODAY SHOW
- Kolohe Andino -- the first American surfer to qualify for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics -- popped by NBC's Today Show this morning.
- Andino laughed about his dad being called "surfing royalty" and then guaranteed gold for the U.S. squad.
- We're a month away from the start of the 2020 Championship Tour, let's see ya bring the heat, Brother!