Thursday, February 27, 2020
TRANSFORMED SEASON THREE
- The first episode of the WSL Studios series Transformed, Season Three, dropped today.
- It features Khadjou Sambe, the first woman to surf in her hometown of Dakar, Senegal.
- This multi-part documentary series shines a light on the ways in which surfing can change lives and cultures around the world.
JORDY SCORES IN CAPE TOWN
- When it comes to preparing for 2020, World Number 3 Jordy Smith is looking fired up.
- He was recently on a surf check in Cape Town not expecting much, but when he pulled up with a few friends … it was on!
- The barrel was mental, and then the surprise full ro?!
GEAROID MCDAID OVER THE LEDGE
- And in film drop news, the new project "Over the Ledge" follows Irish surfer Gearóid "Gman" McDaid as he charges cold water slabs at home.
- Filmmaker Clem McInerney documented the QS surfer as he's helped to overcome his fears and push his personal limits by big wave chargers Nic Von Rupp and William Aliotti.
- Go to Clem's Vimeo page to watch the full cut.