Learn why a surfer and senator are fighting for Australia's ancient forests with WSL Championship Tour surfer and PURE Ambassador Ace Buchan and Senator for Tasmania Peter Whish-Wilson. They discuss their trip to the Tarkine, a region of Tasmia known for its incredible rainforests that is currently under threat from logging, and their interactions with the environmentalists fighting to protect the trees from being cut down. 2020 World Surf League. All Rights Reserved.
- Thanks to Ace https://www.instagram.com/acebuchan/ and Peter https://www.instagram.com/senatorsurfer/ for their awesome work to bring us this story.
- And thanks to our pal Woody for his production work on this episode. https://www.instagram.com/woodrowmedia/
- Be sure to check out the Bob Brown Foundation and their work to protect the Tarkine https://www.bobbrown.org.au/takayna_tarkine
- Check out the Ultra Marathon they held to support their work! https://www.instagram.com/p/B9sXbd-nfqT/
- Read more about 30x30 https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/01/conservation-groups-call-for-protecting-30-percent-earth-2030/
- And thank you, for listening. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with a friend, or give us a rating and review. Feel free to tell us what you think by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or finding us online @wslpure.