In this special episode, Reece connects with four notable figures in the Australian surf community to discuss the aftermath of the fires, why they happened in the first place, and what's being done now. Three-time WSL World Champion Mick Fanning, WSL's VP of Tours & Competition Jessi Miley-Dyer, writer and Patagonia Ambassador Sean Doherty, and CEO of Climate Council Amanda McKenzie look back at the impact of the devastating fires, and look forward to the recovery efforts in progress.
Listen, download and subscribe to WSL PURE | One Ocean wherever you get your podcasts.
Thanks for listening to this special episode of WSL PURE | One Ocean. Here are the show notes for this week's episode:
Thanks to our guests this week:
- Amanda McKenzie https://www.climatecouncil.org.au/author/amanda-mckenzie/
- Mick Fanning https://www.instagram.com/mfanno/
- Sean Doherty https://www.instagram.com/seano888/
- Jessi Miley Dyer https://www.instagram.com/jessmileydyer/
- Learn more about Climate Council and their work to advocate for climate action in Australia here. https://www.climatecouncil.org.au/
- Learn more about the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal and their work to rehabilitate Australia after the fires here. https://www.frrr.org.au/ [Sorry to our friends at FRRR for misreading their name in the show!]
- And if you liked that quote from Kurt Vonnegut Jr., you can read the book from which it came, "God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater."
- And you can find us online @wslpure and wslpure.org.