Monday, April 6, 2020
RINGING IN BELLS WEEK
- It's Bells week here at the WSL, and as is with every Monday we're cracking open The Vault.
- The 2001 Rip Curl Pro saw epic clashes -- we're talking Slater, Machado, Irons, Fanning and more …
- To see how surfing's evolved over the last 20 years at the Bells Bowl dive in at WorldSurfLeague.com
SUPERBANK TO SHUTDOWN
- As the world continues to see beaches close for public health, the Superbank is next in line. The epicenter of Australian surfing is set to be off limits starting on Tuesday at midnight. Gold Coast Mayor Tom Tate announced that the Surfers Paradise and Coolangatta beaches will be closed for health and safety precautions. In other parts of Australia, surfing is still allowed as a permissible exercise, however some of Sydney's busiest beaches remain closed.
MADE IN: THE BASQUE COUNTRY
- In the final episode of Red Bull's "Made In: The Basque Country" Natxo Gonzalez tackles a heavy wave simply known as "The Slab".
- And 3x Big Wave World Champion Twiggy Baker also makes an appearance scoring perfect Roca Puta.
ZEKE LAU 2019 STRIKE MISSION