Thursday, May 14, 2020
VANS' PENTACOASTAL PREMIERES
- The surf movie we've all been waiting for, "Pentacoastal," is here.
- A no-holds-barred adventure around Australia and Indo, it's a tour de force featuring the Vans team.
- Directed by Wade Goodall and Shane Fletcher, it's got it all…
- Dane Reynolds, Tanner Gudauskas, Nathan Florence and heaps more high-flying talent.
- It's raw, radical surfing at its absolute best.
- "Pentacoastal" premieres tonight on Vans.com, I recommend you watch it.
- The 2015 Fiji Pro was one for the ages.
- Owen Wright put in one of the best performances in the history of competitive surfing.
- Posting not one but two perfect, 20-point heats, he was literally unstoppable.
- And then there was the grit of Sally Fitzgibbons.
- Despite busting her eardrum in the heavy conditions, she charged all the way to the top of the podium.
- Relive all the action on WSL Rewind now on WorldSurfLeague.com.
PIPE'S NOT DONE YET
- This week Nathan Florence posted his "Closing Day at Pipeline" edit on YouTube.
- Who better to make the curtain call than the fabulous Florence boys who were in full send mode during the last proper swell of the season in April?
- But not so fast, it looks like the North Shore's going to remain on blast for a little while longer with a solid swell inbound this weekend.
- Pipeline in the middle of May? Yes please.
WAVE OF THE WINTER: THE MOVIE
- And just how good was this winter on the North Shore?
- Our friends at Surfline just dropped their new "O'Neill Wave of the Winter" film.
- Featuring the biggest and heaviest waves from the last season, there were literally hundreds of submissions over the four-month period...
- And none of them disappoint.
ATLANTIC SWELL CHASE
- Starting last January, a large ridge of high pressure settled in over California and slowed the winter swell train way down.
- So, Alex Gray decided to head east and chase a swell into the Atlantic before the world went on lockdown.
- Of course he scored...check out his new edit, "Sardine Sandwich" … it's all the proof you need.