Saturday, May 30, 2020
RUNNING HEATS IN SOCAL
- With surf comps on hold for the moment, California's finest have been keeping the tools sharp.
- Kolohe Andino, Ian Crane, Griffin and Crosby Colapinto have been running mock contests in San Clemente for the past few weeks.
- Griff took the first battle, Crane-O took the next, and now Kolohe's swept the last three.
- Working with Brett Simpson, they're putting in the work now to be ready for when it's time to pull on the jersey again.
COME FLY WITH ITALO
- And speaking of keeping the tools sharp...anybody been paying attention to Italo's Insta feed over the last week?
- The World Champ has been going absolutely nuts.
- Flying higher and looking spicier than ever as he keeps the pedal to the medal back home in Brasil.
‘SURF FILM' NOT A BUMMER
- Our friend Travis Ferreira at InherentBummer.com just released their first surf film …
- It's fittingly called "Surf Film."
- But let's get to the point, it features an all-star crew, including Filipe Toledo, Craig Anderson, Chippa Wilson and friends.
- So yeah, if it's sick surf action you seek, look no further than "Surf Film."
INTO THE STORM
- And finally, the new documentary surf film "Into the Storm" is on the horizon.
- It tells the story of Peru's Johnny Guerrero who's surfing is helping lift him out of a life of poverty and allowing him to support his family and chase his dreams.
- Taken under the wing of former world champion Sofia Mulanovich, it's an incredible tale of the power of surfing and overcoming adversity.
- Watch the full cut BrooklynFilmFestival.org.