This story was originally published by SURFER.
Waco is the only place in the world - artificial or otherwise - that offers a perfect punt section on demand, and it's quickly transforming what's possible in our sport. Last month, SoCal's underrated (if not outspoken), Jacob Szekely spent a few days in Texas trying a brand new move: The Superman Finger-flip. By stomping it, Szekely easily earned July's top spot, despite some heavy competition from Eimeo Czermak, Nate Behl and Kael Walsh - all in pumping tubes. Click play to watch a mixed bag of epic surfing from Texas, Tahiti, Australia and Indonesia, and then scroll below to see each wave stand on its own. It's still a trip that some of the best surfing in the world is happening in Texas, but we'll get used to the idea eventually.
1) Jacob Szekely | Waco, Texas Filmed by Sierra Kerr
2) Nate Behl | Nokandui, Indonesia Filmed by Nate Leal
3) Kael Walsh | Gold Coast, Australia Filmed by Wade Carroll
4) Eimeo Czermak | Teahupo'o, Tahiti Filmed by Tim Provost
5) Chris Lougher | Sydney, Australia Filmed by Spencer Frost
6) Usman Trioko | Desert Point, Indonesia Filmed by Maurit Photography
7) Anthony Fillingim | Nokandui, Indonesia Filmed by St. John Visuals
8) Jacob Willcox | Western Australia Filmed by Luke Simpson
9) Mason Ho | Waco, Texas
10)Brad Flora | Waco, Texas Filmed by Hunter Martinez