As surfers and ocean lovers, the ocean is more than just our favorite place to play. It is our arena, our office, and our inspiration. The ocean, its waves and beaches, reefs and high seas, is truly our greatest resource and connector. Over the last two years we've worked to inspire world leaders to protect and conserve the ocean we love through our #WeAreOneOcean initiative. Once again, We Are One Ocean lived up to its name:
- Bringing together 100+ organizations
- Educating 35,015 youth on cultural and environmental stewardship
- Protecting or conserving 347,219 hectares of land, including establishment and strengthening of 8 surf - protected areas
- Reducing our CO2 emissions by 49% from events and operations since 2018
- Reducing our waste by 70% from events and operations since 2018
On behalf of the We Are One Ocean coalition, SHISEIDO, and supporters, we stand together to inspire world leaders at the UN Biodiversity Conference (COP15) to protect and conserve our global ocean.