Melati and Isabel Wijsen, inspiring young Co-founders of Bye Bye Plastic Bags, go in-depth about Bali's breakthrough ban on plastic bags, the power of youth activism, and inspiring future change-makers.
- You can read more about Melati, Isabel, and their work in Bali in our coverage from our contributor Adam Skolnick here https://www.worldsurfleague.com/posts/392584/wsl-pure-balis-progress-on-plastic
- You can find Bye Bye Plastic Bags @byebyeplasticbags on Instagram and Facebook or at byebyeplasticbags.org. You can also follow Isabel and Melati directly on Instagram @isabel.wijsen or @melatiwijsen.
- Check out this video of Plastic Free MV passing a ban on plastic bottles in their town on Martha's Vineyard! https://vimeo.com/330141360
- Learn more about "Deep-Sea Mining and the Race to the Bottom of the Ocean" in The Atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/01/20000-feet-under-the-sea/603040/
- To support the fire fighters in Australia, you can donate to support the fundraiser for The Trustee for NSW Rural Fire Service & Brigades Donations Fund here: https://www.facebook.com/donate/1010958179269977/, to support the indigenous communities, you can donate to the Fire Relief Fund for First Nations Communities https://au.gofundme.com/f/fire-relief-fund-for-first-nations-communities and to support wildlife affected by the fires, check out https://www.wires.org.au/