January 27, 2020
SUNDAY AT JAWS
- It's been a great start to 2020 out at Jaws, and the hits just kept on coming …
- And it was Kai Lenny that ruled the day as another swell brought the north shore of Maui to life yet again on Sunday.
- Big and bumpy and windy, it was pretty much a tow affaiir with other standouts including Ian Walsh, Tyler Larronde and Jojo Roper.
SNEAK PEEK: PAIGE
- Another standout at Jaws on Sunday was Paige Alms, who is also the focus of a new documentary fittingly called "Paige."
- The film takes an in-depth look at one of the best big wave surfers in the world, as she trained mentally and physically for the 2017 Pe'ahi Challenge, which she won.
- You can catch a sneak peek of the film on WorldSurfLeague.com right now.
BWRAG TRAINING SCHEDULE
- And while we're on the subject of big waves, as a surfer, you never know when you're going to have to step in as a first responder in an emergency situation.
- To help everyone be more prepared, the Big Wave Risk Assessment Group has just announced its schedule for 2020 training summits.
- This year they're offering 14 summits around the world, with new locations added in Cape Hatteras and New Smyrna, Tofino, Casuarina Beach and Arica.
- Follow them on Instagram or check BWRAG.com to learn more.
O'RIGINALS CONNOR LEE
- And finally, Aussie mongrel Connor Lee is the focus of the latest episode of O'Neill's O'Riginals series.
- Hailing from Newcastle, he's a third generation surfer looking to keep the family tradition alive and make big things happen in 2020.
- You can find the full video on O'Neill Australia's Vimeo channel.