Monday, March 2, 2020
SURFEST NEWCASTLE PRO PUMPS
- The surf was absolutely cooking yesterday for the start of the 35th annual Surfest Newcastle Pro, a QS 5,000.
- The Surfest was more like a barrel fest as the Gold Coast's Maddy Job went near perfect and San Clemente frothers Kei Kobayashi and Patty Gudauskas all got after it.
- Keep it locked on WorldSurfLeague.com to see more of this world-class surf as Julian Wilson and other hitters enter the draw.
MEDINA'S GREATEST HITS
- Gabriel Medina won at Snapper Rocks in 2014, becoming the first goofyfooter in a decade to do so.
- But that's just one highlight in the distinguished career of the two-time World Champ.
- Cutting the "greatest hits" reel of Medina wasn't easy, but it had to be done.
- So, sit back, clear the decks, hit our YouTube channel and answer the question: "Are you not entertained?!"
BIGGEST WAVE OF KAI'S LIFE
- Kai Lenny just opened up about riding the biggest wave of his life.
- In the new installment of Red Bull's "Surf Sessions" he goes deep on his recent exploits at Nazare.
- The episode also offers fresh angles and behind-the-scenes footage of Kai, Lucas Chianca and Justine Dupont.
- To read more and watch the full clip go to WorldSurfLeague.com.
DANE'S BLOGGING AGAIN
- Say it ain't so? Over the weekend Dane Reynolds posted to Instagram:
- "Think I'm gonna start blogging again. I know blogs are dead but still feels like the right platform to post surf videos and opinion and include my friends I surf with every day,"
- For those that remember Marine Layer Productions, how psyched are you?