Monday, March 30, 2020
IT'S WSL TRESTLES WEEK
- Before the age of epic wave pools, the closest thing to an aquatic skatepark was Trestles … the most high-performance wave in the world.
- This week we're bringing you two decades of action -- today, it's the WSL Vault and the 2002 Boost Mobile Pro.
- And Wednesday, it's WSL Rewind showcasing the 2014 Hurley and Swatch Pros.
- Irons, Slater, Parko, Egan, Florence, Smith, Gilmore, Fitzgibbons … You name it we got it.
- So kick back and watch these legends tear this place to shreds on WorldSurfLeague.com.
TOKYO 2020 NOW 2021
- Today the Tokyo 2020 coalition have announced a new date to run the Games.
- Same start date, same end date, just a year later … The Opening Ceremonies will now run on July 23rd, 2021.
- More to come on the final 40 Olympic surfers to qualify as details become available.
MICK FANNING IS BACK
- Lately, we've seen glimpses of White Lightning in the water as he battles back from a knee injury.
- And in a new edit from sponsor Rip Curl -- pre-social distancing -- it's clear...Mick's back…baby!
NATHAN FLORENCE ON THE BOLT
- Nathan Florence just flashed back to when he rode the Surf Ranch on a hand shaped disc.
- Florence told Surf Breaks, "I shaped this board for a Vans Expo. I call it the Bolt."