Thursday, April 29th, 2020
NORTH SHORE ON THE COOK
- Hard to imagine a better place to be quarantined right now than the North Shore.
- The swells have been pouring in along the Seven Mile Miracle, and the local crew has been scoring.
- Buddies Nathan Florence and Koa Rothman have been psyching on the best April Pipe conditions since, well, ever ...
- The other Koa … Koa Smith … has also been in on the action.
TYLER WRIGHT ON SURF OFFS
- Earlier this week, WSL CEO Erik Logan unveiled a new vision for how World Champs will be decided starting next year.
- It's going to go down during a one-day surf-off with the winner take all and 2x World Champ Tyler Wright is fired up.
WSL REWIND: FRANCE 2014
- And while we're on the subject of Tyler Wright this week WSL Rewind is flashing back on the 2014 Roxy Pro France and Wright's near perfect performance in the Final.
- And don't miss John John Florence's demonstrative performance in the all-time Hossegor conditions as he goes on to take only the second win of his CT career.
SURFRIDER WINS IN SUPREME COURT
- And in the good news department, the Maui Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation just won a big decision in the United States Supreme Court.
- In a 6-3 ruling, the court stood in defense of the Clean Water Act.
- This is a big win for Maui, and sets precedence for the protection of other coastlines.