Saturday, May 16, 2020
- Surfing is back in Tahiti and the locals are back at Teahupoo.
- The first swells of the season have been pumping.
- Michel Bourez called it six- to eight-foot and "dreamy."
- Yes, dreamy indeed...take me there.
FRENCH SURF BAN LIFT
- This Saturday beaches along France's southwest surf region reopened for surfers and swimmers.
- It's been two months since the beaches were closed due to COVID-19.
- In that time the surf has been firing…
- But of course, the surf forecast for this weekend doesn't look so great.
- C'est la vie…
LAWN PATROL: IAN WALSH
- Yeah, the mustache is kinda creepy, but how about Ian Walsh's pet goats...Sir Douglas and Tina?
- In the new episode of "Lawn Patrol" the Jaws hero gives us a look at his Haiku home on Maui...you know, hatchet throwing, big-wave guns, a sprawling lawn...
- Check out Ian on "Lawn Patrol" this Sunday on WorldSurfLeague.com.
TERROR AT THE RIGHT
- Tim Bonython has been filming The Right in Australia for over a decade.
- One of the world's heaviest, scariest, most messed up waves, he just put all of the carnage together in an aptly titled new edit called "Terror Vault."
- Learn more about it here.