Billabong Ride of the Year Winner: Shane Dorian, Video by Dan Norkunas
The Billabong Ride of the Year is awarded to the individual surfer who demonstrates the most advanced and committed level of big wave surfing during a successful ride. Shane Dorian's ride at Jaws captured by Dan Norkunas met and exceeded the criteria. It was the second consecutive year he won the award.
1. Shane Dorian at Jaws, Maui, Hawaii on February 10, 2016. Video by Dan Norkunas.
2. Nathan Florence (Haleiwa, Hawaii, USA) at Teahupoo, Tahiti on May 28, 2015. Video by Tim Bonython.
3. Albee Layer (Haiku, Hawaii, USA) at Jaws, Maui, Hawaii on February 25, 2016. Video by Elliot Leboe.
4. Shane Dorian (Kona, Hawaii, USA) at Jaws, Maui, Hawaii on December 6, 2015. Video by Ryan Moss.
5. Tyler Larronde (Haiku, Hawaii, USA) at Maverick's, California on February 4, 2016. Video by Josh Pomer.