Marine scientist and artist Ethan Estess dives into the dangers of overfishing top predators (sharks!) and the current state of Blue Fin Tuna, and then discusses his show-stopping design projects, including his Pipeline sculpture and Golf Ball Wave.
More on Ethan Estess: Learn more about Ethan's non-profit Countercurrent Check out our work with Fore The Waves at the Freshwater Pro presented by Outerknown and at The Ohana Festival
Flotsam + Jetsam!
- DEC 6 - Find a climate strike near you! Here are some groups that are organizing: https://globalclimatestrike.net/ https://www.fridaysforfuture.org/ https://www.sunrisemovement.org/climatestrike https://www.climatecouncil.org.au/
- DEC 7 - Support the North Shore Community Land Trust as they work to protect Hawaii's coast and some of our favorite waves!
This week's ocean news:
- Warming Waters, Moving Fish: How Climate Change Is Reshaping Iceland (New York Times)
- Coal Knew, Too (Huffington Post)
- OceanOptimism! Scientists spot critically endangered vaquita porpoises with babies (San Diego Union Tribune)