Two impressive lineups will battle it out at the upcoming Big Surf Invitational, a WSL Specialty Event, from July 12-14, 2015 at the iconic CÃ´te des Basques in Biarritz, France.
It's time to pick your favourite team and start posting your good luck messages and support from now throughout the event with the appropriate #TeamMauvin and #TeamBoal hashtags on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all your preferred social channels !
Justine Mauvin has selected an A-list of surfers to fight on her side for the first-ever Big Surf Invitational title as follows:
- Former World Longboard Title runner-up Coline Menard
- Current Qualifying Series #13 Justine Dupont and #17 Maud Le Car
- Alexandre Lombardo, freesurfer from Reunion Island
- Longboard Tour World #5 Antoine Delpero
- Naum Ildefonse, freesurfer
- Charly Martin, current QS ranked #30
"The Big Surf Invitational is an awesome opportunity to bring a group of friends together, put on a high-performance surfing and longboarding show and do some good at the same time," Mauvin said.
In Tim Boal's corner, the talent level is just as compelling:
- Longboard Tour World #9 Victoria Vergara
- Former QS competitor Amandine Sanchez
- Former Championship Tour athlete and current QS #11 Pauline Ado
- Longboarder Emma Neuschwanger
- QS competitor Romain Laulhe
- Current QS #44 Marc Lacomare
- Current QS #92 Ramzi Boukhiam
"It's super cool to be able to bring a surf event into the whole festival scene and atmosphere," Boal said. "The level of surfing in both our teams is amazing so the public is in for a treat at this inaugural BIG Surf Invitational !"